The Scorpio Series are all-in-one systems that unwind, laminate for labels added durability (not possible on Scorpia Basic), digitally die-cut, remove the excess label material around each die-cut shape, slit, and rewind offering you everything to professionally cut and finish labels.
All systems provide a very accurate label finishing solution using cutting plotter technology.
This allows you to cut different types of material and shapes on the fly without the added cost of dies.
The units are equipped with a cutter management tool that works together with a camera forming an integrated optical black-mark registration system providing cutting speed optimization and avoiding synchronization issues.
Some benefits of using the Scorpio Series :
- Short run label production in-house means reducing inventory requirements and costs
- Producing full bleed labels will no longer be a nightmare
- Laminating for labels added durability (no need for special media)
- No need to order pre-die cut label rolls
- No need for ultra-precise label margin adjustment when printing in full bleed
- No need to set up a minimum gap between labels when printing in full bleed (saving on media)
Scorpio software works together with a camera forming an integrated optical black-mark registration system.
Through the software, the operator imports the cutting file from Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw and creates a black-mark inside the cutting file.
The camera detects the black-mark printed on the media and the software matches it with the black-mark created inside the cutting file.
This process synchronizes when and where starting the job.